Triton and Naiad Fountain, 1010 Vienna
The Triton and Naiad Fountain by Hugo Härdtl (1846 –1918) is one of four similar monuments that form the centerpieces of the four large grassy areas on Maria-Theresien-Platz. This particular fountain is located in the west quarter of the park grounds near Museumsstraße. Fountain construction began in 1890 and it was unveiled four years later. The main group of figures and the four waterspout creatures are made of Carrara marble; the boulder beneath them is made of conglomerate rock. Vandalism as well as weathering and water damage had made restoration necessary. Our company was commissioned to carry out such tasks as extensive cleaning, removal of calcium deposits, consolidation, fabrication of new pieces out of artificial stone mortar to replace missing parts, indent repair, and the chemical treatment marble surfaces.
Address: 1010 Vienna, Maria-Theresien-Platz
Service: Stone restoration
Service period: June to July 2006
Last updated: 07/07/2015 Imprint ©2015 Denkmalpflege G.m.b.H. & Mag. Klaus Wedenig Restaurierung & Konservierung