Vienna State Courthouse II (Former Imperial Courthouse of the Habsburg Monarchy), 1080, Vienna
The courthouse buildings were originally erected as the “Imperial Military Courthouse” by Johann Emmanuel Snietiwy from 1906 to 1908. The renovation of the façade was carried out from January to December 2006 and in January 2007. Its condition had deteriorated to such an extent that emergency stabilization measures had be taken in 2002, e.g. removal of ornamental parts and the erection of special scaffolding that still allowed pedestrians to pass below. One problem was posed by new casts made in the 1990s. The material used did not properly meet the demands of a west-facing exterior façade. Many of the ornaments had to be removed and consolidated, the missing and broken parts were replaced and these were then reintegrated. Test workpieces were constructed to determine the optimal mortal mix for the new casts. Corrugated stainless steel hoop iron was used for reinforcement.
Address: 1080 Vienna, Hernalser Gürtel 6–12
Service: Façade restoration
Service period: January 2006 to January 2007
Last updated: 07/07/2015 Imprint ©2015 Denkmalpflege G.m.b.H. & Mag. Klaus Wedenig Restaurierung & Konservierung